Skip to main content

The Soul Collector

Sounds like a horror movie where a serial killer is out to take souls, or the grim reaper is out to get you. It almost reminds me of the movie final destination where death made its way back around to you to finish the job that was interrupted... and death has come to take your soul!

Although this blog is not about a serial killer or the grim reaper, on the contrary today its about Gods process in our lives. That means that God is the soul collector. And he has a process in effect in our lives that is imperative to our development.
HES COMING FOR YOU!
The bible says to walk out your souls salvation with fear and trembling, that doesnt mean that the grim reaper is after you but it does mean that we need to fear God and the seriousness of his call. The fact that we are saved and our spirits have become brand new (1 cor. 5:17) is only the beginning of our process, there is still a soul that needs renewing, sanctifying and saving.
The Bible says that our spirit is the candle of the lord (prov. 20:7)... when we think of a candle we think of light, the kind of light that makes a dark room begin to become visable. And thats what our spirit is to our soul... lighting the path before us. Our soul is a place in us and a projection... Its a place that holds our will and emotions and houses the output of our life, and its is a path before us - a daily walk of our days in time and an every moment influence that comprises of our decisions and actions in this life. It is not who we are but an expression of our spirit working throughout our being. Thats why the word says to work out your souls salvation. (Phil 2:12)

WALK CIRCUMSPECTLY (Eph. 5:15)
I can remember a vision God gave me of the prophetic cycles of the word in our life. I saw a pathway that was not straight but appeared to be winding, not like a freeway... but like a spiral staircase. The lord showed me that our walk should look like a spiral staircase but instead most looks like a doghnut, an endless repeating cirlcle with no promotion to another level. We are called to the staircase, yet we must cooperate with Gods process to get there.
Our life is made up of cycles and seasons so in these cycles God has desighned a system for our promotion.

Does it seem things are falling apart, or your resources are drying out? He is coming to collect! Often, especially after a strong season of prayer, persecution, test and trials will arise, he is coming to collect. Often we underestimate how far we have fallen from grace, and the collector comes to take our transgressions, he has come to take our shortcomings, and he has come to take our failures, issues, and sins. So yes Christ has died to take all of these things, and the truth is that in the spirit he has, but in the soul we are still surrendering daily to submit to Jesus the collector of our souls... God may seem to alow dry places and If you ever continually find yourself in a dry season or a repetitive cycle stop for a moment to ask yourself, what is God coming to collect from me? Have you surrendered your soul to him? Promotion is waiting for you and the spiral staircase is calling you to step out of the doughnut you've been stuck in for years!

Michael David Watson
michaelwatsonministries@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I SAW Four POWERFUL P's being birthed amidst this Prophetic PRESIDENTIAL Election

This week God came into my car urgently and said  "Michael, pull out your notes I need you to write an article." He then began to show me that in the midst of injustices that will be OVERTURNED, and in the midst of HIS ANSWER to all of the current events in this season -  there are four things that you will be encouraged by that are going to take place within his church in the coming days. Again amidst this Prophetic Presidential hour, there are Four P's being birthed into the church that we will see in our lives in the coming season.  The Bible says that humility comes before honor (Prov 18:12) and if it's one thing that's apparently clear... There has definitely been a great deal of humbling among the prophetic and faith camps of the body of Christ upon recent events, and reports. But just as his word states, that humility comes before honor. So shall it be in the coming days! often humility is there to remind us, that even on both sides of our disag

A Dangerous Prayer!

I despondently watched a drop of water roll all the way down the window as I laid prostrate across my fully reclined seat in my car over a lake early in the morning. I had been at the lake in my car all night trying to stay warm as the tears streamlined down my face like the same streaming rain that was soaking my windshield. An unfavorable fire kindled and burned so deep within me, a pain that was almost hard to endure sunk deeper and deeper into the pit my soul, "it was an egregious rejection" My eyes glazed over as if to be amiss  to all reality... I had lost everything! I lost all that I built up over the years, all that I aspired to be! My life as I knew it was destroyed, with what seemed to be no hope of restoration... Failure rung in my ears and disappointment seemed to become permanently branded on my forehead. I died that day like so many other days before it... and began getting to a point where I questioned how much more I had to suffer and how much more did I

The City is In your Mouth! Prophetic Art & Word

I wrestled with the ideas for this painting this week. My prophetic art usually depicts beauty and Glory... Yet there has been such a fire & conviction burning in my heart that I have been unable to ignore. It's easy to get comfortable in our gifts and lose true intent, and lose God's purpose in what we are doing, especially after doing it for some time. As God gave me this Vision I began to re-evaluate what prophetic  art really meant to me. I was reminded that Prophetic art expresses the true heart of God, prophetic art speaks, inspires, ignites, awakens, convicts and can be a voice to our nation our city and the church.  Although there is great Glory in the church and although the kingdom of God is greatly alive in our midst, God's heart still breaks for a lost generation. And his voice it's still going Forth urging laborers into the field for a great harvest that is near. These are not laborers that work by the sweat of their brow, but they are labor