Skip to main content

Behind the Canvas

With only a bench holding the weight of our curiosity, we glared at a painting that took the center of the room at the museum of art in Cleveland . My art teacher adimately instructed us to focus on the Black and Gray canvas for Just a little bit longer... it was then that something happened to me that changed the way I would look at art for the rest of my Life!
It was then that the very simple black and gray colors began to blend before my eyes, I noticed the students around me grew silent, as the dark colors of the piece seemed to surround me. As my countenance fell I felt a weight on my shoulders and the presence of a darkness that went much deeper than the black and grey oil colors on that Canvas.

I was a Freshman in art school when I experienced that painting in one of my studio art classes. The Artist Name was Mark Rothco and the painting was - Untitled in His last series Called The Black Series as my art Teacher went on to tell the story behind the piece and how the artist killed himself in the same sitting. I then began to realize that what I was feeling had a reality to it. I was amazed that such depth could come from Such simple colors on a painted canvas.
It caused me to ask the question, that if negativity and darkness could be felt on a piece of artwork - could Light and positivity and the Spirit of God be imparted to canvas as well? Opposed to the negative spirit that oozed out of Mark Ruthcos Farewell painting could God be felt on a blessed piece of art, could healing be recieved from a painting with that intent?
The answer to that Question is '"Yes".

I discovered that not only could light be imparted to canvas but purpose pursuit and intent as well. I took those thoughts and inspiration and started to paint... I started to put words and feelings and stories in the art. And all the while I had no idea how much deeper God planned to take the work... it was much deeper indeed!
Gift'd eXpressions was birthed out of the Idea of Using my Gift to express more than just images in my work.but to express, inspiration, light, healing, the word of God, the prophetic and the anointing of the Holy Spirit. I will continue to hope that that much more is received in the art in such a way.
I will be posting more of this story in later blogs and would invite you to Join me on this Journey behind the scenes and behind the canvas.
Please feel free to comment & subscribe for future post.
*Michael David Watson
Gift'd eXpressions

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I SAW Four POWERFUL P's being birthed amidst this Prophetic PRESIDENTIAL Election

This week God came into my car urgently and said  "Michael, pull out your notes I need you to write an article." He then began to show me that in the midst of injustices that will be OVERTURNED, and in the midst of HIS ANSWER to all of the current events in this season -  there are four things that you will be encouraged by that are going to take place within his church in the coming days. Again amidst this Prophetic Presidential hour, there are Four P's being birthed into the church that we will see in our lives in the coming season.  The Bible says that humility comes before honor (Prov 18:12) and if it's one thing that's apparently clear... There has definitely been a great deal of humbling among the prophetic and faith camps of the body of Christ upon recent events, and reports. But just as his word states, that humility comes before honor. So shall it be in the coming days! often humility is there to remind us, that even on both sides of our disag

A Dangerous Prayer!

I despondently watched a drop of water roll all the way down the window as I laid prostrate across my fully reclined seat in my car over a lake early in the morning. I had been at the lake in my car all night trying to stay warm as the tears streamlined down my face like the same streaming rain that was soaking my windshield. An unfavorable fire kindled and burned so deep within me, a pain that was almost hard to endure sunk deeper and deeper into the pit my soul, "it was an egregious rejection" My eyes glazed over as if to be amiss  to all reality... I had lost everything! I lost all that I built up over the years, all that I aspired to be! My life as I knew it was destroyed, with what seemed to be no hope of restoration... Failure rung in my ears and disappointment seemed to become permanently branded on my forehead. I died that day like so many other days before it... and began getting to a point where I questioned how much more I had to suffer and how much more did I

SIGNS of Injustice Turning - Prophetic Foretelling - Nicholas Maduro Passing?

On the morning of December 20th, 2020 around 10am, I woke with visions and an audible voice that stated "Venezuela Incumbent Dies". This message startled me as I opened my eyes muttering exactly what I heard. It was a clear audible message, almost like a headline. There were no questions as to what I heard. I have no affiliation or interest in particular concerning Venezuela. Neither did I know what the word "incumbent" actually meant. Again I had no personal, political connection or interest to the subject in the context of my encounter. I only know what I heard. I began to pray and study the subject in order to gain a better context of what God might be doing or saying. This particular prophetic word took me outside of the comforts of my local vision,  to see the bigger picture from a worldview. Let's take a closer look as I unpack the revelation I believe I received from the startling three words I woke up to.  VENEZUELA If we took a trip overseas to Venezuel