Skip to main content

The Cross of Self! A Prophetic Psalm


A much-needed prayer and prophetic psalm the Lord has given me... a cry for the heart of pride, and a plea of surrender.

Many of us are fighting to be right, still fighting to be proud - Fighting to be noticed... Fighting to be important... Fighting to be seen... Fighting to be vindicated... Fighting to be respected...
God never asked us to fight for these things.

Therefore I am grateful to fight to be broken, to fight to lay down... At his feet. To fight to love & and forgive above myself. To fight for humility and to fight to stay low so that only he would stand up in me. To Fight to stay down, ever fighting to be still, and fighting to turn the other cheek. Fighting against myself, fighting against my will, fighting against my own esteem, control, and self-preservation. 

Thank you, Lord, for your heavy hand upon me! I would rather lay in humility on the floor of your courts for eternity - than to stand in the heights of the World for a lifetime only.

I am Grateful for the press! I am safe under your heaviness... 

Your word brings me low. Low enough to be high on your love. Low enough to be protected from the proud, to be covered from disgrace. 

I trade in my dignity for the robes of your Grace. I surrender my ego & self-importance for your eternal purposes. I let go of self-worth for value in your worthiness.

My soul is glad to be abased and tamed under your glory... My emotions are aflame and passions are a burning fire purging in the furnace of your Spirit. 

How beautiful is the crushing of my humanity under the weight of your Word? When the world seeks comfort - my heart finds rest in the discomfort of Truth and the birth pains of revival. When the world seeks pleasures my heart leaps for joy at the affliction of your higher calling - never compromised, never in slumber.

When beauty & Blessing remind me of your hand of grace - testing and tribulation remind me of your heart of sacrifice. Your cross of true Love. 

Crucify my heart, resurrect my soul, revive my life and Live in it forevermore.

"The Cross of Self"
If only we really knew how to Love! 
Help us, Lord, teach us - we have so much further to go.

Please Subscribe comment, like & share.
Michael D. Watson is the founder & pastor of The BreakOut Center Cleveland & MDW Ministries Inc. Called to release Gifts and preach the Gospel through the Prophetic Word & Creativity. Husband & Father of three, author of several books and Prophet Artist based in Cleveland Ohio Michael travels locally & abroad to meet the Call of God.
Contact & Booking: michaelwatsonministries@gmail.com
216.415.0877

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I SAW Four POWERFUL P's being birthed amidst this Prophetic PRESIDENTIAL Election

This week God came into my car urgently and said  "Michael, pull out your notes I need you to write an article." He then began to show me that in the midst of injustices that will be OVERTURNED, and in the midst of HIS ANSWER to all of the current events in this season -  there are four things that you will be encouraged by that are going to take place within his church in the coming days. Again amidst this Prophetic Presidential hour, there are Four P's being birthed into the church that we will see in our lives in the coming season.  The Bible says that humility comes before honor (Prov 18:12) and if it's one thing that's apparently clear... There has definitely been a great deal of humbling among the prophetic and faith camps of the body of Christ upon recent events, and reports. But just as his word states, that humility comes before honor. So shall it be in the coming days! often humility is there to remind us, that even on both sides of our disag

A Dangerous Prayer!

I despondently watched a drop of water roll all the way down the window as I laid prostrate across my fully reclined seat in my car over a lake early in the morning. I had been at the lake in my car all night trying to stay warm as the tears streamlined down my face like the same streaming rain that was soaking my windshield. An unfavorable fire kindled and burned so deep within me, a pain that was almost hard to endure sunk deeper and deeper into the pit my soul, "it was an egregious rejection" My eyes glazed over as if to be amiss  to all reality... I had lost everything! I lost all that I built up over the years, all that I aspired to be! My life as I knew it was destroyed, with what seemed to be no hope of restoration... Failure rung in my ears and disappointment seemed to become permanently branded on my forehead. I died that day like so many other days before it... and began getting to a point where I questioned how much more I had to suffer and how much more did I

SIGNS of Injustice Turning - Prophetic Foretelling - Nicholas Maduro Passing?

On the morning of December 20th, 2020 around 10am, I woke with visions and an audible voice that stated "Venezuela Incumbent Dies". This message startled me as I opened my eyes muttering exactly what I heard. It was a clear audible message, almost like a headline. There were no questions as to what I heard. I have no affiliation or interest in particular concerning Venezuela. Neither did I know what the word "incumbent" actually meant. Again I had no personal, political connection or interest to the subject in the context of my encounter. I only know what I heard. I began to pray and study the subject in order to gain a better context of what God might be doing or saying. This particular prophetic word took me outside of the comforts of my local vision,  to see the bigger picture from a worldview. Let's take a closer look as I unpack the revelation I believe I received from the startling three words I woke up to.  VENEZUELA If we took a trip overseas to Venezuel